Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Peoria

Before my birthday we went on a family trip to Arizona. We stayed in this little town called Peoria which is pretty close to Phoenix. And I have to say I think it was the best family trip we have ever had, not that we have had that many, but it was really fun with all of us. We started out the trip at the Grand Canyon.

The rest of the trip we didn't do much of anything which was great. I don't usually like vacations like that where we just sit by the pool, but this time I enjoyed it. It was really relaxing and great bonding time. K and I shared a room so we got some good bonding time. And M and I went on a couple little adventures, which I hope to share some of, but am just waiting waiting waiting for him to send me the proof that our adventures really happened.

At the end of the trip we went to the Desert Botanical Garden.

In one of the last sections we explored we came across this amazing instillation by Patrick Dougherty. It was so beautiful on the inside and on the outside. It was amazing to see the views that were created by the windows in the sculpture. It was so humbling to be inside of this enormous wooden womb and see the sun setting over the absolutely stunning scenery of the Arizona desert.

I am learning that I LOVE the desert, and luckily Israel has plenty of it. I don't know what it is but the desert is beautiful and extremely peaceful and humbling. It is amazing to see the vegetation and animals that live on basically no water and in very hot hot heat. We are so fragile, us humans, and could barely survive in a desert, but if one looks carefully one an survive on many of the magnificent creations that God created to survive in deserts. There are so many types of cacti and various other plants that live in these harsh conditions. B"H for all of these creations!

No comments: