Monday, June 30, 2008

luggage

Luggage seems to be the theme of my life today. I have been trying to sell two pieces of luggage for my step dad on Craig's List. It has also been suggested to me recently that I should get a new very very large suitcase to use for my move to Israel. So today I bought myself a nice and used very large suitcase from a very nice lady who told me her life story i9n a series of phone calls and in person. I bought her suitcase for $5 although I was a little concerned with her Craig's List ad:

Giant suitcase with expansion zipper. Used to transport child to school and back. Outside pocket zipper is off track, but suitcase itself is solid.

She seemed nice so I don't think she actually put her child inside of the suitcase, but it is mine now, so either way her child will be safe!

I went and sold clothes today and along with these clothes I also sold this little girl's Strawberry Shortcake suitcase. I have had it for a long time and I just hope that it goes to a good home! I really love little suitcases I have a few other vintage ones that I am not sure if I will sell yet. Maybe I will put up pictures of them another time.

So this $5 suitcase I bought today has a small piece of crochet chain on it I am assuming as an identifier, which made me think that I should knit or crochet something to put on my suitcases. i have always loved luggage tags and thought about making my own before but as like many other craft projects, I just never got around to doing it. Then I started to think of what would be fun to put on my suitcase I thought maybe flowers but I couldn't find a pattern that I liked. I thought maybe an airplane, seemed to make sense putting an airplane on luggage. Then I thought RAIN CLOUD, that's it. I have always had a weird fascination for rain clouds, I am not really sure why, but that's it and then I found this pattern on a blog called Knits and Knots. So in a few minutes I think I will begin my little luggage rain clouds. I hope that these rain clouds will be the only rain clouds to join me on my travels!

No comments: