Wednesday, June 18, 2008

moving...


Moving is a pain. I have moved many times since I started college. No matter how many times a person moves it doesn't necessarily get easier.

The hardest part is deciding what to get rid of. I get kind of attached to some of my things and get all nostalgic.

This move is totally different than any other move because I can't really take anything with me. I just discovered that the cost of shipping things is not worth it. So I will have to get rid of everything and start over. As stressful as this process may be it is very therapeutic to get rid of all of this stuff. Because that is what it is just STUFF! Who needs all this stuff anyways?

All this "stuff" is just clutter. The less clutter the more free one can be and open to all the surprises that life presents. Getting rid of all my belongings is freeing me, liberating! All of these things that I have been accumulating over the last 10 years going on 29 are now going to find new homes.

As my apartment gets more and more empty I am becoming more and more liberated. Now if I can just continue the process of getting rid of things instead of getting new things I am on the right track. Or at least getting rid of more and getting less, doesn't have to mean having zero.

No comments: