Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Abby and Avram

Mazal tov! Abby and Avram got married on Sunday, Father's Day at House Of The Book (HOB) at the Brandies-Bardin campus of the American jewish University. I am so happy that I was in California and was able to be a part of Abby and Avram's exciting day. Abby looked absolutely stunning in her very elegant early 1960's inspired dress. Her flowers were white lilies and her brides maids had bouquets of white roses and lavender. I love the use of the lavender.
When the girls came in with Abby for the Kabbalat Panim, they came in singing and playing tambourines. This was very powerful, I just wish I had my tambourine that I got a few days before coming to California! I had been wanting a tambourine for a while and wanting to paint something on it. I'm not sure what I will paint on it yet.
Abby's dad made the chuppah base out of a peach tree that Avram's parents planted when he was born. A family friend of Avram's made the actual chuppah and it had one of their grandfather's tallit's sewn into it. Also a friend of their's gave them the yarmulkes as a gift and each one was different, they were handmade in Guatemala. It was very cool. Their wedding was very unique and very them!

Instead of those wasteful little table cards they had small blackboards that they wrote the table numbers on and then each person's name underneath the table number that they are at. And then on each table was a small little black board with the number written on it. There were various shaped and sized jars and vases on each table with white, purple, and green flowers and plants along with sprouting grass.

Their wedding was absolutely stunning and unique. Each detail was so personal and it was all worth it because it was great! A beautiful Spring wedding!

No comments: