Sunday, December 27, 2009

moving, moving, moving....

This baby is moving all the time! Not yet have I been woken up by all the baby movements at night, but during the day I get to feel the baby moving all the time. It took me a while to realize I was actually feeling the baby, probably not until week 19. I was feeling things inside of me but wasn't sure what they were. Around week 18 and 19 I was feeling what felt to me like muscle spasms, and to my surprise these little muscle spasm feelings were really just the little one inside of me!

Some morning I wake up and just lay on my side for a while and enjoy feeling the little one moving around. Y was so cute the other day, he woke up before me and rolled over and put his hands on my belly and tried to figure out where the baby was, and thought it was so cool that I was sound asleep and he could feel the baby moving! He had only felt the baby for sure one time before this, so this was a big and exciting occasion!

My favorite is when i lean up against something like the sink when I am doing dishes and the baby moves with a clear "Hey! What is that pushing up against me, it's cramping my space in here!" Feeling this baby is making it all so much more real, despite the growing belly, I have still kind of not been able to believe that this is all real. It just seems like might wake up one day and it was all a dream, or someone is just going to say, "just kidding, you are not really pregnant!" I don't know why I feel this way, ultrasounds helped me to believe that there is REALLY a baby inside of me, but feeling the baby move is making it so much more real, and exciting! I am getting so excited to meet this little one.

No comments: